Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Founded Upon a Rock

Sometimes dried mud
looks
feels
acts like a rock.
But when it gets wet, it's just mud.
Messy
Unstable
Uncontrolled.

She stood on a rock
She thought it was safe
She cried
and her tears
turned her rock
to mud

It was only in the rain
In her pain
that she could see the real rocks
unfazed
unbroken
strong

In the mud
In the rain
She stood strong



So I wrote that poem today...and I was pretty proud of myself. Basically...David was my rock. I thought he would always be there for me. I thought he was the one thing I could count on.
I'm so much happier to be my own rock. And just incase it all gets to hard to deal with on my own, I have a huge group of friends that I know will be there.

Dependable is the BEST trait in a friend.

Gamma Phi Beta was founded upon a rock. That means so much more to me than maybe the other girls...but I've noticed there is one trait that links us all together, and maybe that's what they look for in new members. Strength. Confidence.

The last thing I will do is crawl under a rock in self-pity.

I was sad.
I've moved on.
I feel so much better now.

2 comments: